The Guilderland Lettermen Foundation Board of Directors recently met and unanimously decided to cancel this year’s Guilderland Lettermen Classic. While disappointing, we felt it was the only choice to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Additionally, we all agreed not to solicit our sponsors’ support, due to the economic stress the pandemic has caused.
On a brighter note, due to the longtime generosity of both our golfers and sponsors, we will be able to fulfill the financial elements of our mission this year, which includes:
- Up to five (5) Lettermen Award recipients ($7,500);
- One (1) Hal McCarthy Award ($2,000);
- One (1) Mark Burlingame Dutchmen Pride Award, in partnership with Troy Miller and Christopher McCabe of CM Fox Real Estate ($1,500 each);
- Purchase of 12 Season Award Banners for the 2020 class (~$1,800); and,
- Support of the Guilderland Backpack Program ($2,000)
In the coming months we plan to actively promote our sponsors and encourage the community to support them as well. We will be in touch over the coming months and please be sure to SAVE THE DATE of FRIDAY AUGUST 6, 2021, for the next Guilderland Lettermen Classic at Orchard Creek Golf Club.
Please feel free to share any thoughts you may have. On behalf of the Board of Directors, thank you and stay safe.